A few too many cocktails on New Years Eve combined with a champagne toast at midnight are probably making you feel a bit lousy this morning. Do your body a huge favor and mix up this morning-after smoothie. That is, of course, if you can tolerate the noise of your blender. 🙂
Hangover Cure Smoothie
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, to help brain function and balance glucose levels
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, probiotics help to bring back digestive balance
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, also excellent for digestive balance
- 1 small banana, for potassium and to help soothe your stomach
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach or kale, to aid in detox and alkalinity
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, powerful antioxidants to help the system reverse yesterday’s damage
- 1 cup coconut water, super hydrating and restores electrolytes
- honey and cinnamon – to taste, excellent mood elevators
- 2-3 ice cubes
Toss everything in your blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
You’ll want to bookmark this recipe for those mornings after you drink too much or eat too much. And even when you don’t. This is a delicious, power-packed smoothie you can enjoy whenever you wish.
Here’s to a healthy, happy, exciting 2017!
Recipe and Image from self.com